Crisis Podcast Episode 5: What is the Church Doing to Keep Kids Safe?
Are kids safe in the Church today? This episode explores the changes of the 2002 Dallas Charter and what can still be improved, with Courtney Chase of the Archdiocese of Washington, Eileen Dombo from the National Catholic School of Social Service, Deacon Bernie Nojadera of the USCCB, and Francesco Cesareo of the National Review Board. Additional footage courtesy of the USCCB and C-SPAN. This is a Catholic podcast from Catholic University.
- Francesco Cesareo, former chair of the USCCB National Review Board and President of Assumption University (bio on bottom of the page linked)
- Courtney Chase, Executive Director of the Office of Child and Youth Protection and Safe Environment at the Archdiocese of Washington
- Eileen Dombo, Associate Professor and Asst. Dean at the National Catholic School of Social Service at the Catholic University of America
- Deacon Bernie Nojadera, Executive Director of the Secretariat for Child and Youth Protection at the USCCB (Bio under Secretariat Staff)
- USCCB Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People (latest revised version)
- Information about the National Review Board
- C-SPAN coverage of 2002 USCCB meetings
- USCCB video of 2018 USCCB meeting (Cesareo’s speech begins around 1:07:38)